Springin'

Wandering around WA and OR...









Got a few fun ones out there this weekend.  It is SO nice to have place to stay that is equipped with all the fixings like running water, a TV, stove and microwave.  It was especially helpful on this weekend since the weather switched violently from steamy sunshine to pouring piss.  I left too early on, I think it was Monday or something, hoping for wrapping lines in PA.  It ended up being basically flat, but there was some decent stuff at home... 


Ugh... I don't know even know what to say about last weekend.  It was sick though.  Swell was like 10 -12 feet from the WSW.  I am not sure if that is particularly good for this spot or not, but it was fun as hell. I have never surfed it on a bigger-ish swell, but I can't think of anywhere in WA where you can paddle out with dry hair into well overhead nuggets like this place.  I walked out to the point just as rain started to freckle the rocks.  Some locals had a big dog that barked at me. "Get him" they said laughing.  Great, I thought, this place is going to live up to its over hyped localism...  Anyway, it was grand and I got a lot of good ones.  Surfed all day.  The wind whipped sea foam up into big spiraling tornadoes.  The boulders clanked under the murk.  Bombs came out the back.  The few dudes actually in the water were in good moods.  I left extremely jealous of the wave they have at their doorsteps, and found myself looking up property that I will likely never have in the area...

1 comment:

Megalodon said...

Hey - I thought you were going to keep the Moclips gig on the down low - damn did I just say Moclips - can I retract this - shit!