Beach Closed

There are lots of legends about certain beaches being closed or shutdown or filled with angry locals, but most of these legends are simply not true... You can still walk down the gated road or hop over the fallen fence and surf.  But some of the rumors are true, and there are places that you should really just not bother going to...
Like this river mouth for instance...
I ignored the local warnings outside the mini-mart the night before (he wanted $20 to guide me to the spot).  I was pretty convinced you could surf here, you just needed to be mellow and pay a little for a beach pass.  Things didn't go well from the start however, when a local cop followed us into town after we were spotted trying to investigate a beach access road (with large BEACH CLOSED signs on it)...
Then I wandered into the only store in the middle of town and asked about a pass, where I received a short "beach closed" reply from the scary lady at the counter...  No fun...  The river mouth was looking pretty sick too from the small glimpses I could see over the stony embankment...  Maybe I should have listended to the dude from the night before...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

about 8 years ago we got a beach
pass my buddy paddled into the lineup and i was suiting up only to hear a couple cracks
from up on the cliff and shots zip into the water 10 or ft from him needless to say never been back

Ando said...

I just get depressed driving through that town.