Hooray for days off...


I spent my off days wisely...  
The only downside being that I was nearly crushed by a large and unruly beach log....  I got washed ashore while trying to get out (so I could run back up the point...), only to see a huge ass tree (truck tire diameter?) being sucked straight toward me down the beach. I couldn't exactly turn and run, so I put my hands on top of it (while it was rolling) and crawl/jumped over it.  My board and leash got tangled, and I was dragged a bit more before escaping.  I laughed it off at the time, but the more I think about it now the sketchier it seems.  When Logs roll through the lineup you should probably just get out for a minute...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

got hit by a keg size log in the shorebreak in the shin @ the cape
considered myself very very lucky
nowadays i stay faraway