Spring Break Journal VIII - OR days

My last few days of break were spent relaxing on the Oregon coast. 


The weather ranged from sunny and windless, to pounding raining and 50 knot winds...

Shorties.  This place was the least shit when compared to all the other spots I checked.  The crossed up swell actually made some super fun headhigh double-ups.  After surfing in WA for a week, its nice to have a level, gravel, paved trail down to the beach.



Gnar wind ruined everything for a day.

This place sucked the whole time I was here.  I would love to see it cranking...


I came back home to April snow.  Really? 

Overall it was a pretty damn good trip.  I only spent a couple days in OR, but I decided that I like WA better... There is nowhere to hide from big winds or big swell down in Oregon.  Up north however, there is somewhere to go on pretty much any wind direction, and ANY swell size.  The bigger the better actually... 

4 comments:

LoCul said...

You get hassled by any tweekers at the point? Only time I went to check it (waves were blown to shit) but there was a dude posted up that looked like he was on a serious bender

SurfingwithSasquatch said...

nah. there was one guy out the first day I was there, he paddled his ass off for an hour and didn't get a wave. It was pretty much grinding on the rocks.

surfingphysicist said...

Seems like you had a solid spring break. We should make another trip once the school year is over, I havent surfed in Oregon since spring of last year.

SurfingwithSasquatch said...

eff oregon. stick to the bay. forecast looks like shit till next week. but not like I am surfin anyway...