Spring Break Journal VII - 101 South


The time had come for me to make the migration south via highway 101. I was fine with the long drive, because my body was sore as hell from all the hiking,surfing, and car sleeping...



Lake Crescent is pretty legit, and its water clarity makes Hawaii look like a muddy creek. It also has some unique trout species, one of which was going absolutely nuts over the mayfly hatch.







Ruby beach and Kalaloch are the only places you get to see the ocean for hundreds of miles. This is a stark contrast to Oregon, where the 101 winds right above the crashing waves. Makes you think about all those points, bays, reefs, and slabs that are totally inaccessible...



Westport was big and dirty. No takers...





The waitresses thought I was crazy when I pointed out that the roof was leaking onto my table. This guy over here just told me the roof was leaking, Ha! When I looked around I saw that there were leaks dripping everywhere, and they didn't bother placing pots beneath them. It wasn't even raining...







The morning looked clean, headhigh, and fun. But by this time I was only a couple hours from Oregon's infamous point, so I jammed out south.





Willapa Bay. I think...








Finally I arrived in the beaver state, also known as Washington's Mexico, or California's Canada...

No comments: