Surfboard Circumcision

Nipped the tip of my old 6'3'' fish into a 5'7'' * 20 1/2 * 2 5/8


The nose of my old board got completely destroyed during THIS session. This picture only shows one of the "minor" dings. The bottom was collapsed along the stringer, so instead of minor cosmetic surgery, I went for the full-on nose chop...

Glass strips off surprisingly well. All you need is a dull box cutter and a butter knife...

After removing the glass it was time to cut some foam. and yes that is a steak knife.

Till' I had this ghastly skeleton of my former board.

Time for some shaping, and for my cat to be covered in foam dust...

It is good to have both a shop-vac and tolerant girlfriend when shaping in confined spaces...

Eventually I got this heinous shape.

With a bit of new rocker.



Tape the lap lines before glassing...

My shaping/living/dining room...

I went through a series of ideas for art. Most of which were sub-par.

One of the worst.

After lots of sanding, hot-coating, more sanding, and some drawing with Sharpie Poster Pens I got this little pig nosed board. Then I just had to walk across the street and find some graffiti for a cool picture or two. Maybe someday I will get to surf it at the point...

No comments: