The Crowd Factor

Seems like the biggest issue around here...  Fear of the crowd.


I don't want to turn this blog into something its not, but I thought some people might enjoy these articles.

I found this pretty sweet scientific article from a UCSB Geology professor entitled THE SPATIAL BEHAVIOR OF SURFERS.  It goes over a lot of the reasons behind localism, the negatives, the positives, and its all very scientific sounding...

Obviously no localism issues with the Westport clam diggers...

Last large swell I met 5 Canuck surfers who had hopped over to our side of the Strait.  They told me stories of the ridiculous crowds over there, which made this article called FROG-POTTED pretty interesting. 

Maybe people will stay away if we spread the rumor that our forests are crawling with bloodthirsty packs of Sasquatch, who particularly enjoy the taste of surfers...  Who knows it could just be true... BFRO (Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization) does claim that we have more sightings than anywhere else...

1 comment:

R said...

Frog Potted….no shit it’s gotten crowded over there! I had been heading up there annually for last 6 or so years and even in that time frame it went from pretty mellow to full on. To the point where I haven’t gone the last few years. It’s a fairly expense journey riding ferries and what not to be surrounded by a bunch of hockey players in wetsuits with Merrick pop-outs in the middle of nowhere. Haha! But seriously seen the same on our side as well to the point where I don’t waist the $ anymore and just wait out the windows locally.