Sigh...

A very bad time to be a surfer around here...


With not a lot happening in the water I headed south to LP looking for some swell.  I suited up without even checking it after asking a guy how it was, "Good, pretty fun out there" he said.  What a liar...







Point of the arches is rad.




What is up with these walking sticks?  You all look like dorks.  I felt under-prepared in shorts and sandals and no ski poles...



Similar shot as earlier but with the tide in.  Looks a lil' different.

This weather, although kinda nice, has not been beneficial to wave-riders like myself.  I have driven countless hours (3), hiked innumerable miles (12ish), checked seemingly infinite spots (7), and only surfed twice...  This is all in the past four days.  LP was absolute shit, but everybody and their girlfriend was still out there trying to surf anyway...  The other place was better, but I had one of those frustrating sessions that make you wanna smash your board...  Argh!  Also, what is with Magicseaweed?  4 ft @ 18 seconds?  Is that some kind of sick joke?

2 comments:

R said...

Ah yes the narcissism in PNW surfing! Sorta been waiting for this blog to go this direction : ) Summer in the North Pacific. Maybe not worst time to be a surfer, but certainly not the best, and more than often as you say, bad. Seems like you’ve gotten lucky as it is……… maybe next summer try Mexico brO?

I'd say chillax maybe take some shrooms and go get lost in the Hoh or up on Mt Olympus? Pray to the surf Gods….. but realistically we’re still a month out or mo from nug season and even that’s never guaranteed in the PNW. Hang in there kid and stay away from the speed.

SurfingwithSasquatch said...

Ya, guess I shouldn't be complaining. I can think of far worse places to be as a surfer... All this junky small stuff makes me froth for winter juice big time though... The hikes, fishing, and other stuff is still great...