Push it Good

Shark sightings, near fist-fights, and good surf.  A pretty sweet trip down south...

















The waves were pretty decent.  Got a few fun little nuggets, but by Wednesday evening the swell had picked up enough to make the place mush out the back, and close out the front.  The two guys I was surfing with claimed to have seen a couple of salmon sharks swimming around...  I am glad I didn't see them.  There was definitely a lot of bait in the water though.  When paddling for waves anchovies would shoot out of the water around you, literally jumping over your board and hitting you in the face... Loads of birds and fish...  This is one of the weirder spots, in that it is probably more consistent during the off season (Summer)...

I was awoke the next morning to sounds of shouting, and found that a carload of 6 shitfaced dudes were throwing rocks at tents.  I was laying in my truck hoping they would leave when I heard something smash into my truck.  I burst out the back like a trap door spider with such speed that my tailgate fell off.  Judging by their obnoxious behavior I was sure a brawl was going to ensue, but I must have been more intimidating then I felt (hungover), because they all scampered into the car.  I was screaming "What the fuck!" at them, and the driver mumbled something about the lady (who was also yelling to get their license plate) going crazy and throwing rocks... As I surveyed my truck for damage (there was none) they drove away.  Just glad nothing happened because I am not much of a fighter...

2 comments:

Gaz said...

Must have been the full suit of body hair that scared 'em off. Did they at least offer you a little jerky before splitting?

SurfingwithSasquatch said...

Ha! Not even!