Epic Local Artist

Jesse Watson is a local artist and surfer who I stumbled upon a couple of weeks ago.  I REALLY like the paintings that he does (most of them are done on pieces of wood).  

It is crazy to see paintings of local spots that you often surf with only a handful of other people, or even by yourself on some occasions.  It is even crazier that I have sat in literally the exact same spot, and looked from the exact same perspective that these paintings are illustrating.  Epic!  I emailed him last week to order a print, but unfortunately I am too poor at this moment to buy one (but I will!).

Anyway, here are some of my favorite pieces... Can you guess where they are?

"At Some Point"

Hmmm... Looks relatively familiar...

"Matt and I and Nobody Out"

Rad!  But that better not be Matt P...

"Worth the Drive"

Most of the time it is NOT worth the drive...

1 comment:

drexnefex said...

oh rad! stoker. ima look that dude up.
fuck i wish i could draw...